Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hello World Backstory

So I thought a Facebook Fan Page would be all that I needed, eh wrong. With a news feed that is pages and pages deep a lot of people had no clue and still don't of what's going on. So here's the back story.

In 2009 I had stage 2 Melanoma that was successfully removed, completed chemo for six months, had the surgery that was needed and was sent on my merry way. Fast forward to 2013. I had my daughter in February and was going about life.  Then May 20th happened.

I was sitting in my living room chair watching tv, holding my daughter when I started staring at the fan like hello Mr. Fan. Anyways I end up having a catatonic seizure and things got weird from there. Tried to talking but everything was jumbled and all I could say was no and yes. So I wrote on a piece of paper Stroke or Seizure? We went to the hospital where my senses were coming back slowly. After having a CT scan all of a sudden I had a Grand Mal seizure and my heart stopped. Yikes!

They revived me obviously but I had no idea the extent of what was going on. Turns out the Melanoma is back. Like really really back and not good. After I was stabilized they rushed me to Henry Ford Main downtown into ICU for 24 then put me on the Oncology wing after that. I was in the hospital for five days and so out of it that I didn't understand the severity of the situation until about a week into the ordeal. So here's what is going on:

I have stage 4 Melanoma that has metastasized to my brain, lungs, chest wall and a tiny speck on my liver. In my brain I have 40+ inoperable tumors, 4 in my chest, 1 in my chest wall and one on my liver. There is no stage 5 people. Things just got real.

Everyone keeps asking about life expectancy, my oncologist had the best answer. "I'm not God!" Truthfully that is the best answer because well he kind of isn't. So at this point it is all about enjoying life to the fullest and go from there. Decided any stressors at this point in life are not worth it. Sweating the small stuff does not matter.

So now what?


Radiation will be complete tomorrow and then on to chemo once I can get an appointment at Karmanos or Henry Ford. Not sure what form it will be in once I know I will tell everyone.

How you can help?

Everyone keeps asking how they can help. At this point I just request healing prayers nothing more. It's a difficult painful journey so anything uplifting via prayer is highly needed. Send me inspirational quotes on Facebook or something like that. 

In due time

Everything happens for a reason and in due time this diagnosis will make sense, hopefully. However, with that being said I am going to finish this first installment of my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment