Saturday, July 20, 2013

How You Doing?

This is a question I get a lot and the answer really depends on that day. When people hear that you have stage 4 cancer they assume one your going to die the next day or two that the doctors gave you the wrong diagnosis and have no idea what they are talking about. I get a lot of the second one. How does someone get a diagnosis of stage 4 cancer at 33? Same way someone who is 6 months gets a diagnosis of neuroblastoma its the luck of the draw when it comes to your gene pool. I didn't get Melanoma by being a sunbather or tanning. With me it was about gene mutation and the fact that I had several sunburns as kid that resulted from water blisters. No one used sunscreen on us kids in the 80's it was all about baby oil or you'll be fine now go play.

However, back to the how you doing question. Everyday is a struggle. I try to not whine and complain thought some days as a patient the white flag goes up. Waking up at 3am with pain so bad in your shins you result to laying in the fetal position in the bathroom crying because you want your mother to hold you is not how I envision my Friday nights. Taking so many medicine is on my nerves. Not a fan of synthetic drugs in my system and every time I go back to Karmanos they want to give me 2 more. Quit taking the Prilosec because that was doing nothing. They screwed up the Zofran and decided it would be awesome to give me a sedating med in response. Apparently someone forgot that I have a 5 month old, being stoned off my behind does nothing. In response I decided to go back to my chiropractor. Best decision I made because he does muscle testing and found out that oils that I have been using my body is not a fan of. Awesome sauce nothing like wasting money. Anyhoo, going alternative this time along with the traditional method is proving to be challenging but I feel so much better.

As for how I feel today was a white flag kind of day as was yesterday. Got heartburn back, I was dizzy all day even had to use the motorized cart at Target which was embarrassing, but I am sick so guess you just got to go with it. Try to stay hydrated is becoming a chore. Mainly I think I do pretty good but I have my struggles. Just take things slowly, hug some walls, walk slower and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment